Kidney Beans With Sausage
|Kidney beans||1 Pound, soaked|
|Kidney beans||1 Pound, soaked overnight|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce|
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sausage links||3⁄4 Pound, smoked (1 Can)|
|Smoked sausage links||3⁄4 Pound, cut in 1 inch slices|
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot combine beans, sauces and seasoning.
2. Add water and stir to mix well
3. Cover the pot with its lid
4. Slow cook the beans on HIGH for about 5 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 8 hours, until tender
5. Add the sausages to the beans and stir to mix.
6. Re-cover the pot and continue cooking for another 1 hour on HIGH or 2 hours on LOW.
7. serve as desired.
Calories 1281 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 128.4 mg42.8%
Sodium 2252.7 mg93.9%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.2%
Dietary Fiber 37.9 g151.5%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 79 g158.5%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 56.8%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 101.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet