Fast Baked Beans
|Bacon slices||3 , cut into pieces|
|Pork and beans||16 Ounce|
|Canned red kidney beans||18 Ounce, drained|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Onion powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a microwaveable casserole, place the bacon.
2. Cover the bacon with white paper towels and place in the microwave.
3. In the microwave, cook the bacon on 100 per cent power or High for 3 to 5 minutes, till it is crisp, stirring once in between.
4. Remove the paper towels and drain off the fat.
5. Keep the bacon aside.
6. In the same casserole, add the undrained pork and beans in tomato sauce, the drained kidney beans, brown sugar, onion or onion powder, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard, and mix well together.
7. Cover the casserole and place it back in the microwave.
8. In the microwave, cook mixture on High for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring twice in between.
9. Serve sprinkled with the bacon.