Bean and Bangers One Pot
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork sausages||8 (Good-Quality Toulouse Or Sicilian Varieties Work Well)|
|Carrots||2 , halved lengthways and sliced|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned mixed beans||820 Gram, rinsed and drained (2 Cans, 410 Gram Each)|
|Chicken stock||14 Fluid Ounce (400 Ml)|
|Frozen peas||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large pan, heat oil. Add sausage and allow to sizzle for 6 minutes. Keep turning for evenly browning. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add onions and carrots and stirring intermittently, cook 8 minutes, for onions to turn soft.
3. Mix in vinegar followed by drained beans.
4. Cover with stock and place sausage amidst beans in a nestled way. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Scatter frozen peas on top, cook for 2 minutes to heat well.
6. Remove from heat and mix in mustard. Season to taste.
7. Scoop out directly from cooking pot and serve hot.
Calories 907 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.3%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg57.5%
Sodium 1812.9 mg75.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.5%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 44 g88.7%
Vitamin A 123% Vitamin C 30.1%
Calcium 11% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet