Green Beans With Sunflower Seeds
|Green beans||1 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Trim the beans and cut diagonally into 1" pieces.
2) In a skillet, saute the basil and green beans for 2 minutes.
3) Stir in a few tablespoons of water and then steam covered on a low heat for 5 minutes.
4) Then stir in the white pepper, sunflower seeds and lemon juice and steam covered for 3 minutes until the beans are tender.
5) Serve immediately on a serving platter.
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 0.77 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.1 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 19.4%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet