Tangy Lima Beans
|Lima beans||1 Pound, soaked overnight|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, minced|
|Onion||1 , peeled, chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, cubed|
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot combine all ingredients except the salt pork
2. Stir until ingredients are well blended.
3. Layer the salt pot over the bean mixture
4. Cover the pot with its lid
5. Slow cook the beans on HIGH for about 5 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 10 hours.
6. Spoon into a serving dish and serve hot as a side dish or use as required.