Black Bean Dip
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||2 Drop|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Minced white onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned chopped green chilies||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. Drain beans, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid and add both to a liquidizer or food processor jar.
2. Add spices and seasonings.
3. Blend into a smooth paste.
4. Remove into a serving bowl.
5. In a small nonstick skillet, add onion and garlic
6. On low heat, cook them covered until onion is tender and translucent
7. Uncover and sauté until it is golden.
8. Add chilies and sauté another 2 - 3 minutes
9. Add to bean mixture and mix well.
10. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
11. Serve with toasted tortilla chips or use to make tostadas