Fava Beans With Sun Dried Tomato Oil And Pancetta On Frisee
|For sun-dried tomato oil:|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry packed sun dried tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Fresh fava beans||1 Pound, shelled (Approximately 5 Pounds Unshelled)|
|Sun dried tomato oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1 Fruit)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped sun-dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Dry Packed Variety)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Thinly sliced bacon/Thinly sliced pancetta||1⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced and then cut into long, narrow strips|
|Frisee head||1 , outer leaves discarded, washed and dried|
|Grated asiago cheese||2 Ounce (Or Shaved, For Garnish)|
1) Prepare sun-dried tomato oil heating olive oil till boiling point.
2) Put tomatoes in a heatproof container.
3) Transfer the hot oil over the tomatoes.
4) Keep aside for 3 to 4 days.
5) Strain the oil and reserve in a bottle.
6) Cover container tightly and store in a cool, dark place.
7) Keep sun-dried tomatoes in a jar and refrigerate.
8) The quantity would be approximately 2 cups oil. Pour off 1 /2 cup oil for salad.
9) If fava beans are not tender, boil them in water for approximately 5 minutes.
10) Drain out when the skin begins to pull and peel it off. Check the tenderness.
11) If not tender, boil for further 3 to 5 minutes till beans turn soft.
12) Drain beans again.
13) In a lid fitted large portable bowl mix sun-dried tomato oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, parsley, oregano and sun-dried tomatoes.
14) Add the warm beans and toss well.
15) Keep aside for 1 hour.
16) Sprinkle salt and pepper.
17) In a small skillet heat oil over medium heat and fry pancetta till crisp.
18) Take out pancetta from pan and place in paper towels to drain.
19) Let cool and then put in an airtight container.
20) Alternately lay over the beans and serve.
Calories 861 Calories from Fat 723
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.5%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg5%
Sodium 668.1 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 40.9% Vitamin C 38.6%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet