|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Beef shank||1 Pound|
|Ham hock||3⁄4 Pound|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Canned garbanzo beans||30 Ounce (2 Cans Of 15 Ounce Each)|
|Diced peeled potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Polish sausage||4 Ounce, thinly sliced (1 Link)|
1) In a Dutch oven, cook bacon till crisp, drain, and reserve 2 tablespoon of the drippings.
2) Stir bacon until it crumbs and then keep aside.
3) In the reserved drippings, stir fry onion until soft and then stir in beef shank, ham hock, salt and water.
4) Cover and let it simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
5) Skim off fat, remove meat from shank and ham hock, and dice.
6) Add the diced meat in the soup, mix undrained beans, garlic, and potato and simmer for 30 minutes.
7) Stir in sausage and bacon and simmer further for 15 minutes.
8) Check for seasoning and serve.