Coffee Bean Cookies
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
|Chocolate covered coffee beans||6 Ounce (3 Packages, 2 Ounce Each, 1 Cup)|
|English toffee candy bars||5 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped for about 1 cup (4 Bars 1.4-Ounce Each)|
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together and keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and shortening. Beat with an electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add the sugars, beating until the mixture is light and grainy.
6. Blend in egg and vanilla, beating well until incorporated into the creamed mixture.
7. Add the flour mixture in three batches beating at a low speed after each addition until well blended to form sticky dough.
8. Fold in the chopped almonds, chocolate-covered coffee beans, and chopped English toffee candy bars.
9. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to bake
10. Use a round tablespoon to drop the dough in heaps, onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 inch space between each.
11. Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and dry.
12. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden.
13. Serve them at a party or pack them and include in your Christmas or Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies air tight container or jar with sheets of wax paper between each layer, in a cool dry place.