Black Bean Vegetable Chili
|Dried black beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Turnip||1 Small, chopped|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, crushed (1 Can)|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
1. Pour in some cold water over the beans and let it stand for about 8 hours. Allow the beans to soak in the water. Drain the beans.
2. In a saucepan, boil the beans in 2 quarts water on low flam for 1 1/2 hours. Drain again.
3. Take a nonstick skillet and heat the oil. Saute onion and garlic for 4 minutes.
4. Add the celery, carrot, turnip, salt, chili powder, and pepper. Saute for 8 minutes.
5. Now, add the tomatoes, beans, stock, and corn. Cover the pan and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Add the parsley and stir mix the ingredients properly right before serving.