Red Hot Beans
|Red kidney beans||3⁄4 Pound|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, chopped|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||To Taste|
1) Soak the beans and keep them overnight.
2) Cook the seoaked beans for about 1 1/2 hours or 30 minutes if using a pressure cooker.
3) In a heavy iron pan, pour the oil and fry the onions till they are soft and then add the diced aubergine. Keep adding more oil as the aubergines keep soaking it.
4) As soon as the aubergines have softened, add the salt, pepper, spices, garlic and tomatoes. Put in a bit of chili powder, the amount should just cover a knife's tip.
5) Cook mixture for 15 minutes and then add the cooked beans. Cook over low flame for another 30 minutes.
6) Add more chili powder as per taste and requirement.
7) Serve hot with rice.