|Haricot/Buttered beans||8 Ounce|
|Dried peas||4 Ounce|
|Onions||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Carrots||4 Ounce, peeled|
|Peppers||4 Ounce, thinly sliced (Red Or Green)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground ginger/Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (Leveled), blended|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Pint|
|Savory sauce||To Taste|
|Parsley/Chopped chives / grilled halved tomatoes / hard-boiled eggs, chopped||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a steamer, steam beans and peas for about 45 minutes until tender or in a pressure cooker, cook them for 20 minutes.
2) In a covered pan, over low heat, heat oil and sauté cooked vegetables in it for 15 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
3) Simmer for 5 minutes more after adding in water, salt and ginger.
4) Blend flour with a little cold water to form a cream.
5) Thicken the vegetable mixture by boiling in the flour mixture.
6) Pour in milk and then stir in beans and peas when hot.
7) Add more salt if needed, pepper and savoury sauce to taste.
8) Into a serving dish or casserole, arrange the creamed beans and flavor with parsley, chives, tomatoes or eggs.
Calories 22 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg0.4%
Sodium 20.5 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 0.79 g1.6%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet