Brown Sugar Baked Beans
|White onions||5 , sliced|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Bacon||3⁄4 Pound, cut in 2 inch pieces|
|Catsup||8 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Bottle)|
1. In a large stock pot, add the beans and cover them with cold water. Let soak overnight.
2. Soak the onions overnight in a separate bowl.
3. Butter a casserole dish.
4. Preheat the oven to 350° F
5. Drain the water from the beans and cover with fresh water.
6. Bring to a boil over a medium high flame.
7. Reduce the flame and simmer the beans until tender.
8. In a bowl, blend the sugar, mustard and catsup.
9. When cooked, layer the beans alternately with the sauce and bacon strips in the casserole.
10. Sprinkle sugar on the top.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until heated through and the sugar topping has caramelized.
12. Serve straight out of the casserole.