Baked Lima Beans and Ham
|Dried lima beans||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Large Sized)|
|Boiling water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Ham shank||4 Pound (1 Large Sized, 3 To 4 Pound)|
|Whole allspice||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole cloves||1 Teaspoon|
1) Rinse the lima beans well and cook in boiling water for 2 min; cover and keep aside for an hour.
2) Cut the ham into large chunks and remove the excess fat from the pieces.
3) In a small cheesecloth place the whole spices and bay leaf and tie.
4) In a saucepan, add the lima beans, ham, spices, whole onions, salt and simmer gently for an hr.
5) Remove the spice bag, ham bones and turn into a baking dish, add mollasses to taste.
6) Bake in the oven at 350 Deg F for an hr.
7) Serve immediately.
Calories 1072 Calories from Fat 464
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.5%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.5%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 281.3 mg93.8%
Sodium 4054.2 mg168.9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 111 g221.3%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 59.6%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 50.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet