Lima Beans Deluxe
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked lima beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
|Chopped pimiento||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Pound (1 Cup)|
|Melted butter/Melted margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2) Take a heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat, and stir in flour for one minute, ensuring you stir it continuously.
3) Pour in milk gradually, stirring continuously until it thickens and then sprinkle salt and pepper.
4) Add beans, cheese, pimiento, and catsup to the sauce and mix well.
5) Take a greased 1-1/2 quart casserole and pour the mixture over it.
6) Blend melted butter with breadcrumbs, mix well, and sprinkle over the top.
7) Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degree.
8) Decorate and serve.