Chili With No Beans
|Yellow onion||1 Large|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Top sirloin||3 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Minced garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mild chili powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (California)|
|Hot chili powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (New Mexican)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano||2 Teaspoon, crushed (Preferably Mexican)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beer/Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Chop onion.
2) In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
3) Stir in onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
4) In large bowl mix meat with garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt.
5) In small saucepan boil 2 cups beer or red wine and 2 cups water over medium-high heat.
6) Place one quarter of meat with onions and cook in medium-high stirring for 2 to 3 minutes. Shift into serving platter and repeat process with remaining meat.
7) Shift meat to saucepan stir hot liquid and mix. Simmer and cook uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
8) Remove meat from pan and stir the sauce to reduce it over medium-high heat. Place the meat back to saucepan and stir.
9) In a large serving bowl serve with chilli are grated cheese.