Green Bean Salad
|Green beans||3⁄4 Pound, trimmed|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Radishes||2 , cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Romaine lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White mexican cheese/Farmer / feta cheese||3 Tablespoon, crumbled|
1) In a large saucepan add 3 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt, cover and boil over medium-high heat.
2) Add green beans to water and cook uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes.
3) Add tomato and cook for 30 seconds.
4) Refresh tomato under cold running water and peel. Halve, core, and deseed tomato; cut into 1/2-inch dice and place in small bowl.
5) Mix onion and coriander and toss.
6) Refresh beans under cold running water and cool.
7) Place vinegar, oregano, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small jar. Close the lid and shake to blend. Add olive oil and continue shaking.
8) In medium-size bowl mix green beans and diced tomato and toss till well coated.
9) Arrange Romaine lettuce leaves in a deep serving platter with. Pile green bean salad in center and sprinkle radish slices and crumbled cheese on top.