Creamed Puree Of Dried Beans
|Dried white beans/Lima beans||1⁄2 Pound, boiled and drained|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Pepper white||1 Pinch|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
(1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
(2) Butter a 1 ½ quarter casserole or baking dish
(3) Tip boiled beans in a mixing bowl and mash beans with a potato masher.
(4) Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed peas and whisk with a wooden spoon until well blended
(5) Turn the mash into casserole
(6) Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
(7) To get a crust, transfer the dish under a broiler for 4 minutes.
(8) Serve the mashed peas hot, straight from the casserole.
To keep the beans with their skins, do not drain the peas and instead mash beans and liquid through a sieve.