South Of The Border Bean Pot
|Dried red kidney beans||1 Pound, washed and soaked|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Minced sweet peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Green One)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can Of 1 Pound And 12 Ounce, Do Not Drain)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Crushed coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Minced parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Honey/Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed hot red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 275° F.
2. Drain beans and rinse well under running tap water
3. Tip the drained beans in a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients.
5. Place casserole in the preheated oven and bake, for, 2 1/2 hours, stirring occassionally.
6. Cover the casserole with its lid or with double foil and continue baking for another 2 to 2 1/2 hours until beans are soft but not mushy, stirring one in a while and adding a little hot water if the liquid has dried
7. Serve bubbling hot from the pot.