Better Than Baked Beans with Spicy Wedges
|Onion||1 , halved and thinly sliced|
|Streaky bacon rashers||2 , cut into large pieces|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Brown If You Have It)|
|Chopped tomato||400 Gram|
|Stock||7 Fluid Ounce (From A Cube,200 Milliliter)|
|Canned cannellini beans/Butter / haricot beans in water||410 Gram (In Water)|
|White flour||1 Tablespoon (Plain Or Self Raising)|
|Cayenne/Paprika / mild chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking potatoes||2 , each cut into 8 wedges|
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C
2. In a non stick skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame.
3. Add the onions and bacon and sauté for 5 minutes until the onions are soft and lightly browned.
4. Stir in the sugar, tomatoes, stock and seasoning to taste.
5. Reduce the flame and simmer the sauce for 5 minutes.
6. Finally add the beans and continue simmering for another 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Take the pan off and keep aside.
7. In large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cayenne, herbs and seasonings.
8. In a roasting pan, toss the potatoes with oil.
9. Dredge the potatoes with the flour mixture until well coated.
10. Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast the potatoes for 35 to 40 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown just like fried potatoes.
11. Reheat the sauce and check the seasoning.
12. Ladle the beans and sauce over the crispy potatoes and serve immediately.