Green Beans In Sour Cream
|Fresh green beans||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Commercial sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttered breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Discard the strings from green beans and chop the beans in pieces of 11/2 inch.
3. Rinse the beans to remove the impurities.
4. In a pan, put beans with salted water and cook for 20-25 minutes.
5. Once done, strain the water and put beans aside.
6. Heat butter and stir in onion and flour.
7. Lower the flame, put flour, lemon rind, salt and pepper and cook by stirring.
8. Once the mixture is frothy, put sour cream and heat it well.
9. Turn the heat off and mix sour cream mixture with beans.
10. Take a 2 quart casserole; put the mixture in it topped with breadcrumbs.
11. Bake the dish for 20 minutes.
12. Serve warm
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg15.3%
Sodium 640.9 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 29.2%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet