Lima Beans With Carrots And Bacon
|Bacon piece||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Lemon||2 Medium, peeled|
|Yellow onions||1 Medium, peeled|
|Baby lima beans||3 Pound, shelled|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Minced dill||3 Tablespoon|
(1) In a large skillet, brown the bacon until crispy
(2) Remove and drain on paper toweling and keep aside
(3) To the bacon fat, add carrots and onion and sauté for about 8 minutes until onion is soft and golden.
(4) Add beans, salt, paprika, and pepper and sauté to mix.
(5) Pour water and stir.
(6) Cover pan, reduce flame to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes until beans are tender.
(7) Crumble in the fried bacon and stir in with wine, sour cream and dill
(8) Stir for 1-2 minutes until well heated.
(9) Serve the beans with the creamy sauce while it is warm
(10) It is a great accompaniment to steaks and grilled meats.