|Dried red kidney beans||1 Pound, washed and soaked|
|Yellow onions||2 Large, peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Bacon drippings||2 Tablespoon|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Drain the beans
3. In a 3-quart casserole combine the drained beans with the remaining ingredients and stir well to mix
4. Cover the casserole with its lid or with double layers of foil.
5. Place in the preheated oven and bake 5-6 hours, stirring after every hour or so, until beans are cooked and sauce has thickened
6. Serve the beans straight out of the casserole as a side dish for barbecued meats like short ribs, beaf steaks or pork chops
Add a little warm water if mixture gets too dry while baking.