Pot Roast With Kidney Beans
|Pot roast||5 Pound|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Kidney beans||1 Pound (1 Can)|
1. In a large Dutch oven or casserole, heat the shortening.
2. When the fat is hot, sear the pot roast on all sides.
3. Remove the roast onto a platter.
4. Add onions, chili powder and salt to the fat in the casserole and sauté till onions are lightly browned and soft.
5. Return the roast to the casserole.
6. Add water.
7. Cover the skillet and reduce the flame to low.
8. Simmer meat for 3 – 3 1/2 hours until meat is tender.
9. Remove meat onto a serving platter.
10. Add the kidney beans to the liquid in the casserole and simmer till they are hot.
11. Pour the beans over the roast.
12. Carve the meat at the table using a steak knife.
13. Serve with roast vegetables and mash if you like.