Baked Beans with Deviled Ham and Onions
|Plump prune||1 Can (10 oz), chopped|
|Prune||6 , halved|
|Onion||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Pork and beans||2 Can (20 oz) (2 Can, In Tomato Sauce)|
|Deviled ham||2 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
2. Grease a medium sized casserole dish with butter or oil.
3. In a skillet, melt the butter or margarine over a low flame.
4. Saute chopped prunes and onions for 5 minutes until onions become are soft.
5. Empty prune and onions into a mixing bowl.
6. Add beans, deviled ham, mustard, tomato sauce and brown sugar to the bowl.
7. Mix well until all ingredients are well blended.
8. Turn and spread the bean mixture into the casserole.
9. Arrange onion rings and prune halves cut side down, over the beans.
10. Bake the beans in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes heated through.
11. Serve the beans hot over toast or with mashed potatoes if you like.
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37 mg12.3%
Sodium 754.3 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.3%
Sugars 45 g
Protein 13 g26.2%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet