|Smoked pork hocks||4|
|Pared diced potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peeled diced carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Frozen lima beans||10 Ounce (1 Package, Fordhook)|
|Shredded cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen whole okra||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine the pork hocks and chicken in a kettle or Dutch oven; add just enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; cover. Simmer 1 hour, or until chicken is tender; remove from the kettle. Continue cooking pork hocks 1 hour, or until tender; remove from kettle.
2. Let broth stand until fat rises to top, then skim off. Measure broth and return 12 cups to kettle. Stir in the potatoes, carrots, onion, lima beans, salt and cayenne. Bring to boiling; simmer 15 minutes.
3. While the above vegetables cook, remove skin from chicken and pork hocks; take meat from bones, discarding fat; dice meat.
4. Stir cabbage, corn, celery, tomatoes, okra and the Worcestershire sauce into kettle; simmer 15 minutes, or until all vegetables are crisply tender. Stir in green pepper, parsley and diced meats; bring just to boiling.
5. Ladle into soup bowls. Serve with corn bread or crusty hard rolls, if you wish.
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.6%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86 mg28.7%
Sodium 359.5 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 26 g51.6%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 3% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet