Olive Oil Marinated Chicken with Pumpkin Mash and Black Beans
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Chicken breasts||4 (On The Bone)|
|For black bean and pumpkin mash|
|Smoked bacon rasher||4 , diced|
|Black beans||6 Ounce, soaked (175 Gram)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed chili||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Organic tomatoes||15 Ounce (475 Gram, 1 Can)|
|Chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||4 , finely chopped|
|Pumpkin||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
1. Mix the olive oil with the crushed garlic, salt and pepper and pour over the chicken breasts. Coat well, cover the dish and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Fry the bacon in its own fat until crisp. Rinse the beans and put in a saucepan with the garlic, bacon, thyme and chilli. Add the canned tomatoes and enough water to cover, bring to the boil and boil for 15 minutes. Cover and simmer for 2 hours, adding extra water if necessary. When the beans are tender, season and add the chopped coriander and chopped tomatoes.
3. Transfer the chicken and marinade to a roasting tin, skin side up. Cook in a preheated oven, 190°C (375°F), Gas Mark 5, for 30-40 minutes. Baste regularly.
4. Meanwhile, peel and deseed the pumpkin. Roughly chop the flesh and saute in the oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the carrots and 8 tablespoons water, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the pumpkin is reduced to a puree and the carrots are tender. Pour off any excess liquid and roughly mash the vegetables. Season.
5. Serve the chicken, mashed pumpkin and black beans drizzled with oil and sprinkled with parsley.