1. In a bowl, put the beans with water, just enough to cover it and let it soak overnight.
2. Next morning, drain the beans and add fresh water.
3. In a large pot, heat olive oil and saute onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and mix well.
4. Add in the lima beans along with water, and chicken base, stir well, cover and bring it to a boil on medium heat.
5. Once the mixture boils, reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the beans are tender.
After showing us a variety of main dish recipes, Dave has a side dish to go with many of his meat dishes. This Lima beans dish that he is cooking in the video is served with his pork roast, collard greens and corn breads that he made earlier. This simple, slow cooked dish goes well with just about any meat dish, so give it a try and enjoy.