Long Beans With Black Bean Sauce
|Fresh beans||1 Pound|
|Black bean sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||6 Ounce, peeled and chopped (1 Whole)|
1. Trim stem ends from beans, remove any strings, and cut beans into 3-inch lengths; rinse.
2. Set a wok or 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat. When pan is hot, add 1 cup water and beans. Cover and stir occasionally until beans are tender to bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain beans and pour into a bowl.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix black bean sauce, 3/4 cup water, and cornstarch.
4. Return pan to high heat and add oil. When hot, add pork and stir-fry until meat is crumbled and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
5. Add onion and stir-fry 1 minute. Add black bean sauce mixture and beans. Stir until sauce boils, about 1 minute.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 858 Calories from Fat 346
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59.1%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 147.4 mg49.1%
Sodium 1527.4 mg63.6%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 19 g75.9%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 60 g121%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet