Chilli Con Carne
|Oil||15 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Mild chili powder||15 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Minced beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Canned red kidney beans||14 Ounce|
|Canned pimentos||8 Ounce, drained and chopped|
1. Heat the oil in a large microwave casserole dish on Microwave Power HIGH for 2 min. Add the onion and chilli powder and cook, covered, for 2 1/2 min, stirring once.
2. Add the minced beef and cook for 6 min, covered. Stir once or twice, breaking up any balls of meat.
3. Add the tomato puree and the juice from the kidney beans. Stir in the chopped pimentos, if used.
4. Cover and cook on Microwave Power HIGH for 11-12 min, stirring once.
5. Add the kidney beans and cook for a further 8 min.
6. Season with salt and pepper.