Broad Beans Salad
|Broad beans/Fava beans - you may use fresh if they are available in season, i usually cook them with the shell, i just take the ends off and i peel the strings on the sides. if fresh broad beans are not in season, you may use frozen ones.||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Sauté onions in olive oil.
2. Add fresh or frozen broad beans and cook until done.
3. Make sure they are firm and not mushy at the end of the cooking processes.
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. Add fresh chopped cilantro and garlic towards the end of the cooking period.
6. Serve with fresh lemons on the side and pita bread. Enjoy!