Stir Fried Dried Scallops With String Beans
|Sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|String beans||1 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak dried scallops in sherry 2 hours, turning occasionally. Drain and discard sherry.
2. Cut string beans diagonally in 3 sections; then parboil.
3. Place scallops in a pan with water. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, until soft (15 to 20 minutes).
4. Add soy sauce and cook, stirring, over high heat until the liquid has nearly evaporated.
5. Heat oil. Add scallops and stir-fry over low heat until they come apart in shreds and are dry. Remove from pan.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add parboiled string beans and stir-fry 2 minutes.
7. Add stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, over medium heat, until beans are nearly done (about 2 minutes). Return scallop shreds only to reheat,