Stir Fried Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce
|Fermented black beans||1 Tablespoon|
|Green peppers||2 Small|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Soak fermented black beans.
2. Shell and devein shrimp. Slice green peppers and dried onion.
3. Mince garlic; then mash with soaked black beans in one cup. In another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then black bean mixture, and stir-fry a few times. Add shrimp; stir-fry 1 minute.
5. Add green pepper and onion; stir-fry to soften slightly (1 to 2 minutes).
6. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, over medium heat, until done (2 to 3 minutes).
7. Stir in sugar and soy sauce to blend. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.