Braised Five Flower Pork And Red Bean Cheese
|Pork||2 Pound (Five Flower Brand)|
|Ginger root slice||5 (Fresh)|
|Water||1 (As Required)|
|Red bean cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Cut pork in l-inch cubes, so there is skin on one side of each piece. Slice ginger root.
2. Bring water to a boil. Add pork and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Drain, discarding liquid. Let meat cool, then rub with soy sauce.
3. Mash red bean cheese. Blend to a paste with sugar, sherry, remaining soy sauce and salt.
4. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add ginger, then meat, and brown quickly on all sides.
5. Add red bean cheese mixture, stirring to coat meat. Then turn each pork cube, skin side down, with as many touching the bottom of the pan as possible.
6. Add stock and bring to a boil. Then simmer, covered, until meat is very tender (about 2 hours). Skim off fat at intervals.
7. Drain pork cubes; arrange on a serving platter, skin side up.