This is a great recipe for feeding a crowd, or to take to a pot luck supper. The bacon, onion, potatoes and ham hocks add a ton of flavor and character to this dish.
4 Pound, quartered
4 Cup (64 tbs)
10 Pound (Canned or fresh)
1. If using fresh green beans, wash and pinch tips.
2. In a large Dutch oven, over medium heat, sauté onion, bacon, and ham hocks for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Add beans, toss to blend, add a small amount of water, and simmer over low heat for approximately 3 hours.
4. Add potatoes and cook an additional 120 mins or until fork tender.
5. This is a great recipe for serving a crowd.
Take a look at this green beans recipe with a slight twist, try it at home and it is sure to become your family’s favorite. Watch the video to see how the chef combines beans with potato and bacon to make a perfectly tasting dish with little hassles and effort.