Fava Bean Rounds
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried white fava beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Garbanzo Beans)|
|Red onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Gold medal all purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Cayenne)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat 2 cups water and the beans to boiling in 2-quart saucepan. Boil 2 minutes; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
2. Add enough water to cover beans if necessary. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 to 1/2 hours or until tender. Drain, reserving liquid.
3. Mash beans with fork; add 2 to 3 tablespoons reserved liquid if necessary. (Do not puree beans in blender or food processor.) Stir in remaining ingredients except oil. (Mixture should be thick.) Cover and let stand 1 hour.
4. Pinch off 1-inch pieces; shape into rounds and flatten. Let stand 30 minutes.
5. Heat oil (2 inches) in 3-quart saucepan to 375°F. Fry 4 or 5 rounds at a time in oil 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.