Flour - 4 oz [100 g]
Egg - 1
Milk - 1/4 pint [125 ml]
Mixed herbs - a pinch
Fat - for frying
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
1) Cut the potatoes along the length, into 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) thick slices.
2) In a bowl, add flour, herbs, and salt. Gradually beat in egg and milk until smooth.
3) Dip the potato slices into the batter.
4) In a pan, add enough fat and heat up on high.
5) Dip the potato slices into the batter and place into hot fat to deep fry until golden and crisp.
6) Transfer on paper towels to soak extra fat.
7) Serve immediately, with any favorite dip or sauce, if desired.