Foolproof Batter For Deep Fried Vegetables
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Any Brand)|
|Vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. To make the batter, in a bowl, add flour and seasonings.
2. Gradually pour in the beer while whisking constantly with a wire whisk or fork until smooth.
3. Cover and refrigerate the batter for 3 to 4 hours.
4. To make crispy batter fried vegetables, dip prepared vegetables like mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower, eggplant, broccoli, bell peppers, onions etc. in the batter.
5. Deep fry in soy oil heated to 375°F until golden and crispy.
6. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
7. Serve the batter fried vegetables immediately while crispy.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1040 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.2%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 478.9 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 19 g38.1%
Vitamin A 152.3% Vitamin C 26%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet