Beer Batter For Fritters
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fruit/Vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs), prepared for fritters|
|Deep fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. In a deep fat fryer or frying pan, heat 3 to 4 inches of fat to 375°F
2. Into a large mixing bowl, measure and sift together the flour and baking powder
3. Add egg, beer and oil and whisk until blended.
4. Dip prepared food items for frying in the batter and drop in hot oil.
5. Fry until golden brown on all sides.
6. Remove onto absorbent paper to drain excess fat.
7. Serve fritters immediately while hot and crispy along with dipping sauces.