Cheese Batter Bake
|Plain flour||3 Ounce|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Onion||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Cheese||8 Ounce, cut into cubes|
|Sage leaves/1 teaspoon dried sage||4 , chopped|
1) With a wooden spoon, combine together flour, salt and eggs to a smooth paste.
2) Make a thick batter, a little thicker than those for pancakes by pouring in enough milk.
3) Heat oil and sauté onion in it until golden.
4) Into a 2 1/2-pint greased pie dish, pour the sautéed onion together with oil and then the batter.
5) Add in cheese and sage and bake on top shelf of an oven.
6) Serve hot with rich gravy along with fried or baked tomatoes, green vegetables and potatoes.
Calories 477 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.3 mg58.1%
Sodium 730.5 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 22 g44.4%
Vitamin A 44.3% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 54.7% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet