Cheese Batter Bake
|Plain flour||3 Ounce|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Onion||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Cheese||8 Ounce, cut into cubes|
|Sage leaves/1 teaspoon dried sage||4 , chopped|
1) With a wooden spoon, combine together flour, salt and eggs to a smooth paste.
2) Make a thick batter, a little thicker than those for pancakes by pouring in enough milk.
3) Heat oil and sauté onion in it until golden.
4) Into a 2 1/2-pint greased pie dish, pour the sautéed onion together with oil and then the batter.
5) Add in cheese and sage and bake on top shelf of an oven.
6) Serve hot with rich gravy along with fried or baked tomatoes, green vegetables and potatoes.