Beer Batter Fillets with Red Pepper Slaw
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red bell peppers||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beer||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Preferably Dark)|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flounder fillet/Sole fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Small Ones)|
1. In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest (if using), salt, black pepper, and sugar. Add the bell peppers, onion, and parsley (if using). Toss to coat the ingredients well with the dressing.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, and cayenne. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg. Stir the beer and beaten egg into the dry ingredients.
3. In a 10-inch skillet, warm the oil over medium heat until very hot but not smoking (about 375° on a deep-fat thermometer).
4. Dip the fish into the batter and add it to the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes; carefully turn the fish over halfway-through. Drain the fish on paper towels.
5. Serve the fish with the red pepper slaw on the side.
Calories 1159 Calories from Fat 874
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g151.9%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.7 mg51.6%
Sodium 1156.8 mg48.2%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 27 g54.5%
Vitamin A 47.9% Vitamin C 151.5%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet