Bran Cereal Batter Bread
|Unbleached flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole bran cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine 1 cup unbleached flour, dry yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Add water, milk, oil, honey, and egg whites. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes at high speed.
3. Stir in bran, wheat germ, and remaining flour by hand.
4. Divide dough in half. Form into loaves. Let rise in nonstick loaf pans for 40 minutes.
5. Bake at 375Â° for 35 minutes or until done. Cool on racks before slicing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1801 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.3 mg0.8%
Sodium 1590.4 mg66.3%
Total Carbohydrates 347 g115.7%
Dietary Fiber 40 g159.8%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 70 g140.5%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 194.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet