Crispy Skin Sea Bass
|Coarse salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||8 Medium, quartered and seeded|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Small, Preferably French Picholines)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||20 , rinsed and patted dry (Small)|
|Sea bass fillets||24 Ounce, with skin (6, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 175° F.
2) On the bottom of the baking sheet, spread a layer of coarse salt. Place the tomatoes on top and sprinkle sugar over it.
3) Bake the tomatoes in the oven for about 2 hours.
4) Take the pit out of the olives and chop them up fine.
5) In a skillet, heat vegetable oil over high flame. Add in the basil leaves. When the leaves float to the top, remove them onto a paper towel and drain.
6) In a large bowl, add in ice cubes into a little amount of water.
7) In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over high heat until it turns a deep golden brown. Immediately dip the pan in the bowl of ice water. This stops the cooking of butter.
8) Once the butter cools down, add in the vinegar. Keep aside.
9) In a non-stick saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Once hot, place the fish with its skin side down. Cook for about 5 minutes until they turn crisp. Cook the underside for about 3 minutes.
10) Move the fish onto the serving plate.
11) Garnish with the browned butter on the side along with sliced tomato, olives and fried basil.
12) Season the fish with salt and pepper. Serve hot.