Baked Whole Sea Bass Bearnaise
|Whole fish/2 pieces offish / center cut of large fish||10 Pound, cut into pieces (Maximum Weight Per Piece: 5 Pounds)|
|Melted butter/Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Fish Eaten Hot, Butter And Oil For Cold Fish)|
|Ground nutmeg||3 Pinch|
|Shallots||2 , skinned and chopped|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bearnaise Sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Clean and scale fish if needed. Cut off fins. Dry well.
2. Cut out a large piece of foil for each piece of fish which will enclose it completely.
3. Brush the foil with melted butter or oil, and lay the piece offish in the center.
4. Lift edges of foil, pinching the corners together to make a shallow open container.
5. Season the fish with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Sprinkle with shallots and parsley.
7. Pour over the wine if used.
8. Then lift edges of the foil container and pinch them together over the fish, enclosing it. Do not wrap it tightly.
9. Heat the oven to 325°F.
10. Bake the fish for 40 mins to 1 hour - the cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish.
11. Cool the fish in the foil packet for 10 minutes, then unwrap it and place it on a warmed platter if you want a hot dish. Cool it in the foil packet completely for a cold dish. Serve hot or cold fish with Bearnaise Sauce.