Stuffed Striped Bass
|Striped bass||6 Pound, cleaned (1 Fish)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chives||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Dried dill||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Under cold running water Wash the cleaned bass, drain and pat dry.
3. Into a mixing bowl Break the eggs and beat them.
4. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the parsley, chives and dill and mix well.
5. In a heavy skillet melt the butter, pour in the egg mixture and stir with a fork over low heat until the eggs are cooked but not dry.
6. Stuffing the bass with the egg mixture sew up the opening.
7. In an oiled baking dish make a bed of the shallots, pour the wine over and put the bass on top.
8. Dust lightly with salt and pepper and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, basting frequently with the pan juices.
9. To a heated serving platter remove the bass and keep it warm.
10. Into a saucepan strain the pan juices and discard the solids.
11. Beat the egg yolks and stir in the cream and combine gradually with the pan juices.
12. Heat stirring, over low heat until the sauce thickens taking care to not let it boil.
13. Serve the sauce in a warm sauceboat.
Calories 710 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.4%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 669.8 mg223.3%
Sodium 463.1 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.68%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 88 g176.1%
Vitamin A 32.8% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet