Sea Bass With Pine Kernels
|Whole sea bass||3 1⁄2 Pound, prepared and gutted (1.6 Kg)|
|Pine kernels||4 Ounce, toasted (100 Gram)|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce, drained (50 Gram, 1 Can)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||30 Milliliter (2 Level Tablespoon)|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Fruity olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cos lettuce leaves/Oak leaf lettuce leaves||8|
1. Wash and dry the fish using kitchen paper. Pierce the eyeballs with a metal skewer. Using a sharp knife slash the fish four times crosswise at intervals on each side.
2. To toast the pine kernels spread them on a heatproof plate and microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 4 minutes, stirring from edges towards centre halfway through cooking time.
3. Put the toasted pine kernels and anchovy fillets into a food processor or blender and process briefly to chop them roughly and blend them. Add the parsley, basil, lemon rind and juice and process again breifly to form a coarse paste.
4. Use the paste to stuff each of the 8 slashes and use any remaining to fill the gut cavity.
5. Place the fish on a large oval heatproof plate and pour over the olive oil. Season with black pepper. Cover loosely with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes, turning the fish over halfway through cooking time.
6. Remove the cling film, tuck the lettuce leaves around the fish in a 'cradle' and tent with foil for 1-2 minutes. Remove the foil and serve whole.
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.3 mg32.4%
Sodium 458.2 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 46 g91.1%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 17.9%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet