|Shortening||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bass||5 Pound (Dressed)|
1. Place 3 to 4 inches shortening in deep fat fryer. Heat to 350 to 375 degrees.
2. Combine cornmeal, flour and salt in paper sack.
3. Cut fish in serving pieces. Place fish, several pieces at a time, in sack; shake until well coated.
4. Shake off loose cornmeal. Place fish in heated shortening, a few at a time Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until brown. Remove with tongs; drain on paper towel.
5. Serve hot with hush puppies or French fries.