Striped Bass A La Ferezana
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White leek||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, coarsely chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, finely grated|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Whole pimento stuffed olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Small sized pimento)|
|Striped bass||4 Pound, cleaned|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Brandy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven
2. Sauté pine nuts in 1/4 cup butter in saucepan until lightly browned. Remove with slotted spoon; set aside.
3. Sauté leeks and mushrooms in same pan until tender but not browned.
4. Add carrots, raisins and green pepper; cove and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in shrimp and olives; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
6. Place bass in large shallow roasting pan. Pour 3 tablespoons melted butter, oil and 1/4 cup brandy over bass; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in 400-degree oven for 15 minutes.
7. Arrange olive mixture next to bass; sprinkle with pine nuts. Heat remaining brandy; ignite and pour over olive mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily, basting occasionally.
8. Serve with parsley potatoes.
Calories 711 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 357.5 mg119.2%
Sodium 390.5 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 65 g129.5%
Vitamin A 91.6% Vitamin C 25.5%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet