|Black bass||3 Pound|
|Red tomatoes||4 , sliced thin (ripe)|
|Bread stuffing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (any)|
|Thin fat salt pork strips||4|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub a baking dish or pan with margarine or butter.
2. Have the head left on the bass. Rinse the fish, drain it and split down the underside. Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
3. Inside the fish arrange a slice of tomato and a spoonful of stuffing, repeat until the cavity is full; sew up or tie firmly.
4. Place the fish in the baking dish, lay over it the strips of salt pork; pour the hot water into the pan.
5. Bake about 1 hour. After the first 30 minutes remove the pan from the oven, spread the top of the fish with the rest of the tomatoes and sprinkle with the cheese. Set the pan back in the oven and bake 30 minutes longer.