Poached Striped Bass
|Dry white wine||1 Quart|
|Olive oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, quartered|
|Carrot||1 Large, pared and left whole|
|Celery stalks with leaves||2|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and left whole|
|Bass||5 Pound, cleaned, with gills removed and head and tail left on|
1. Pour water, wine, lemon juice, and olive oil into a saucepot.
2. Wrap remaining ingredients, except fish, in cheese cloth and add. Bring to boiling and simmer, covered, 1 5 minutes.
3. Wrap fish in cheesecloth. Place in a fish poacher or a deep greased baking dish.
4. Pour in stock, discarding vegetables; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Let fish remain in the liquid for another 1 5 minutes. Lift out of pan and drain; reserve fish stock for other use. Remove cheesecloth and peel off skin.